Monday, April 24, 2006

Scissor Sisters, 4.23.06, Bowery Ballroom


by Charlotte Deaver

This was the best show I've ever been to. No exaggeration. The Scissor Sisters are in my life forever, and in attitude, spirit, and sexual/political ethics, the world would be a very different and much better place if they were in everyone's life.

Last night the band was so hot, as they always are (apparently -- this was my first time seeing them) and the crowd was on. We couldn't get enough of them, and they were just loving us back. Every song ripped. I was so gone, just high with life and music, dancing my ass off. Ana, my new goddess, singled me out of the audience and said something like "you, miss thing, are having the best time, aren't you?" "Me?!" I squeaked. "Yes, you. Everyone, give it up for the lady in the black glasses." I hooted and hollered as I twirled around to get my props.

Of course I fell in love with Jack, too, who is just a beautiful force of nature. Between the two of them, what more could anyone want? Except more, of course. They really do share the stage, create one huge, throbbing force field of music and energy. And the sexual empowerment they generate is crazy. I can see how their shows could truly be life-transforming and liberating. "We have to exercise our rights!" as Ana says. Yes, ma'am. Looking forward. . .



And below, the amazing Leslie Hall, Keeper of the Gems.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlotte! I didn't realize that you were "miss thing!" Awesome. Considering how much everyone was rockin' out, you must have had it in overdrive ;)

9:19 AM  
Blogger hipster replacement said...

Hi Charlotte! Glad you had a great time, I saw them as Bridget Jones' Diarrhea last summer at Mercury.

Thanks for all the comments you are posting on my blog, I see you have appointed yourself as my blog-mentor, and I couldn't have a better one...

Hope to see you again at a show soon, maybe Eels?

Hipster Replacement

11:25 AM  
Blogger Charlotte Deaver said...

amrit, yes, that was me! SO glad to have a witness. And birdboy, thanks for reminding me about the Eels! Love them. when are they playing. nevermind -- I'll find out and let you know! Cheers.

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Charlotte - Ana and I were at the show the night before and were absolutely wild about. I was psyched to see that you liked it so much too.
Dafna

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home 1aa3